Your Local Family Law Attorneys
When your family is facing a legal challenge, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to go. You may have concerns over your financial future and your relationship with your children. Family law cases can create an emotional roller coaster for everyone involved. A trusted legal guide can help you navigate your issues and advocate for your rights.
At the Law Offices of Dawn S. Veltman, LLC, our attorneys use their experience and compassion to guide clients through complicated legal problems. We are your local law firm, serving our neighbors from our offices in Upper Marlboro and Bel Air. Our lawyers are ready to work with you to find a resolution that works for you and your family.
How We Can Help
Our full-service law firm has a firm grasp on Maryland family law. We help clients with some of the most challenging aspects of matrimonial law including:
- Divorce – Most divorces give rise to complications regarding property division, child custody and child support. If you find yourselves in disagreement over how to resolve these issues, you will need an experienced lawyer to help you understand your rights and the process.
- Child custody and child support – For parents, nothing is more important than their relationship with their child and making sure that their child is healthy, happy and cared for. Whether your custody matter stems from a divorce, a separation, a paternity issue or modifying an existing custody order, we can help you fight for the best interests of your child.
- Domestic violence – Unfortunately, domestic violence can become an issue in some relationships. Conflict can create the need for a protective order or other intervention.
Whatever complications your case brings, you can count on us to help you work through it together. We bring our compassion and skills to every case.
The Role Of Mediation, Negotiation And The Court
For many families, mediation offers a less stressful alternative than going to trial with their family law case. Mediation involves a neutral third party who helps you and the other person work through their differences to develop an agreement that may not be perfect but meets everyone’s needs. Attorney Dawn S. Veltman has over 10 years of experience as a mediator.
The benefits of mediation include:
- Giving the parties more control over the outcome than allowing a judge to decide.
- Saving the parties time and money over litigation.
- Allowing the parties to tailor custody agreements to meet the unique needs of their family.
If mediation does not work for you, do not give up hope. You can still work on negotiating an agreement with the other side. In some cases, litigation is the only option. Our attorneys are experienced trial lawyers, ready to take your case to court, if necessary.
We Are Here For Your Family
When you are ready to discuss your family law case, reach out to us. You can call us at 443-457-8973 or send a message online.